High Hopes: A New Studio Album

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Born to Run Anniversary!


Hey Tramps! This is Laura! Yep, right I am not Margarida, I am her sister! But, let me introduce myself and explain the reason why I am writing here!

My name is Laura (@LauraBTR_Bruce) and regarding Born to Run release 40 years ago today, Margarida challenged my to write a post on her blog! Yet, I have to admit that I am not used to write in blogs and also I admire a lot the posts that she does, so for me it's a doble challenge, write about Bruce's best masterpiece and write in my sister's blog! My sister and I thought many times about me writing in her blog, so, is there any better occasion to do so?

What can I say about the Born to Run album that has not been said yet? Perhaps everybody has his story and ties related to this album that makes it the best music art in the world! I remember a post my sister did about the songs that are in the album, describing every and each song and her feelings through them! I cannot explain better what I feel when Born to Run is played in my IPod! 

But let me tell you something, I am sure everybody will agree with me when I say that the best way to enjoy most of this album's songs is turning the speakers loud! Then, when Bruce and the E Street Band seem to be playing in your living room is when you realize that love exists, that you only need to listen, dance, learn, cry and feel! Not every song requires a dance you know, I can imagine myself listening to Thunder Road without moving any part of my body except a tear coming down my cheeks and then close my eyes and think that the best song ever written in this world was written by Bruce!

This mixture of joy and saddness hidden in Bruce's songs is what I love the most! I think that this perfect contrast of energy and reflection is what makes Born to Run the greatest soundtrack of my life! I believe in Bruce's words and I also reckon that a life with only joy and without sadness is dangerous but also joy without hope is dangerous too! So, the best of both sides is what life's about, is Born to Run philosophy! 

BTR is a scream to the world  by the hand of a young Jersey boy who was BORN TO RUN! Born To Run saved Bruce's career 40 years ago today and some years later has saved a lot of souls because now and forever TRAMPS LIKE US, BABY, WE WERE BORN TO RUN!!  

Hope you all have enjoyed this reading as much as I enjoyed writing it! I also want to say a big thank you to my lovely soul sister for letting me this chance of posting in her blog! 

Hope you all enjoyed, till we meet again, take care!

With all the love in my soul,

Laura R. xxoo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave here your comments: